Wednesday, May 23, 2007

soon, real soon...

Yes! I finally finished my report, now all I have left are two assignments and the construction of my truss. I got my 140 project (Part 3) back too, and I got 48.5/50... which ain't too bad, but Allan beat me by 0.5... ALLAN BEAT ME BY 0.5!!!! ARGH! Yes, I can be competitive, especially with 140, since its the easiest subject for me.

Exams are coming up too soon. It feels too close for comfort, I think I'll start studying this Saturday when I'm feeling better rested.

And I'm still kinda stuck on Bic Runga's songs... Its not my fault that sometimes I feel that I can relate to the lyrics...

when love calls, how sudden the fall;
but falling is the easiest part...


I kinda missed out on my 121 lecture today. I felt too hungry, and I went with Matt (or Mat? I forget how these nicks go) to Subway for a quick breakfast... Mmm, that roast lamb sub is quite good. But now that's two Mechanics lectures I've missed already... Ah well, I'll just have to put in extra effort then. Sigh. I don't think I would have concentrated with those hunger pangs anyway...

I had a little bit of a chat with Matt too whilst waiting for 211/Maths to start. It appears that he has some stuff in common with me, as is expected, but otherwise we're very much different. We're both Asian, (wow, big obvious observation), and to some degree, we enjoy cooking/food preparation, and we like cheeses, and perhaps some other foods I can't remember... oh! That green curries. And the similarities end about there. He's athletic, I'm very much less so, he dislikes coffee, I love it. I would spend lots of money on clothes, or technology, he would spend it on getting a new bike. I can't imagine how a good bike would cost more than 5 grand.... ><>

Hmm, yeah I'm actually kinda bored right now, which is why I'm randomly cataloguing this. Oh, did I neglect to mention I already knew him, sorta, from last year? He was in my MAX course then (accelerated maths paper taken in college/uni). So yeah, then I met one of his friends, Ash (I think that's his name, I really can't remember), who I realized did MAX with us too... Strangely enough, he's one of those whites who seems to have a lot of Asian friends. Like almost as if he belongs in an Asian posse. Except that the Asian group in question is hardly Asian in personality... Uhm, its kinda hard to explain.

I can't believe I just devoted two paragraphs to this. I'm sorry to any readers who are rolling their eyes in frustration at this rather mundane post. I probably should actually go to sleep. Ciao~

No comments: