Monday, December 01, 2008

Work... or maybe not

I'm pretty beat ah. And it's all from gym really, probably because I went early this morning. Yes I know, not the smartest thing I could've done but hey, it fits into my schedule. I just have to get used to it.

Work today was kind of... placid? For one, Casey was out of town, and Iain (my supervisor) was out in meetings for the day, so I was pretty much left to my own devices. I spent the better part of 4 hours getting well acquainted with Casey's reading materials ie. the journals he was looking at, as well as his logbook, which he seemed to have left lying around on his desk for some reason (I'm not sure if it was deliberate or him being careless). I also spent 10 minutes trying to work the coffee machine, since it looked kind of different, and also since I'm a bit of an idiot sometimes. Hehe.

Did I ever mention that we have a laser cutter at work as well? I had to learn to use it too, although that only took about 10 or so minutes, especially if you already know how to use some sort of CAD software (like SolidWorks, which was used here). I'm pretty bored too, since there was nothing else I had to do, so I took an extended 1 hour lunch break, and left work early at 3. Not to mention the fact that I only started work at about 9.30... so... I only spent 4.5 hours working really. Real productive day, I can tell.

I shouldn't gripe so much, personally. I guess its good that I'm quite free, although I sorta wish I had some contribution to make to the project, which I find rather fascinating. Problematically, I have no idea what I have to do still. There's so much to do, that I sort of need some direction in this. Maybe I have no initiative of my own to begin work, but I reckon I just need to be pointed in a direction to begin with first before I start finding my way.

Oh well, I'm pretty sleepy already anyway, so I reckon I'll just head off to bed for the moment. By the way, did you hear "Spaceman" by The Killers yet? I think its a great song. Anyway, good night.

No comments: