Thursday, December 11, 2008

An Encounter with Bell Gully Initiates

I was picking up my suit today at Working Style when I saw trouble. Yup, trouble. You can always spot trouble in High St when you see a group of 5 guys, and a chick with a videocam, and especially when the guys are in suit pants and wifebeaters. Definitely not standard High St dress code. And suprisingly, they were right behind me when I walked into the store.

Turns out these fine young gentlemen were from Bell Gully, one of the biggest law firms in NZ, probably the top I believe, and freshly recruited too, from the sounds of it. They were making a video skit as part of their initiation rites for the Christmas presentation or something, and it involved them replacing some Backstreet Boys melody with their own lyrics and video. 

So this one guy took off his wifebeater and got one of the girls at the shop to take measurements. All the while they had the other guys crowding around him, and doing borderline homoerotic stuff, like one guy touching his belly or something. Let's just say the people manning the store were amused, the other customer with me was profoundly disturbed, and I was veering between both. Naturally, I felt the urge to stir up the pot a little, so I threw a suggestion their way to make the video more homoerotic by having more hands and sensous movements on the poor dude in question. Which of course brought more laughter his way. Ah well. Glad to see that I don't really have to do that in Engineering, since we get all that sort of stuff out of the way during our study years. Not to mention there's alcohol involved, making all of it more forgettable and fun, of course. Haha.

So yeah, that was my brief experience with the boys from Bell Gully, future solicitors and defenders of justice. I shudder a little to think of it.

No comments: