Thursday, December 25, 2008

I'm Dreaming of...

A white Christmas. Yep. But it's summer over here, so I guess I don't really mind either. My god, I spent quite a fair bit yesterday on food items. Sigh.

Wow, and boy did I have a helluva busy session cooking the Christmas Eve dinner last night. I ended up finishing late, so I pushed dinner back by a good hour to 8, haha. Oh well. And I probably consumed half the bottle of wine, as well a decent amount of gin and tonics too. Paying for it with my slight hangover this morning, but hey, it's all good. Not like I drank tons anyway, just forgot the water.

Christmas day for me tends to be a little dreary, mainly because stores are closed and I have nothing to do. My guess it this is why they have Christmas dinners, but I've personally always favoured Christmas Eve dinners anyway, since it's a lot easier to do. In the very least, I have a bottle of wine should I feel like having some tonight.

In some odd, bizarre way, as soon as I have a public holiday, I normally feel like going back to work, or university, or something. I reckon the main reason is just because I don't like public holidays all that much. I like to just be able to take a break and observe people (in a sense), when I'm pretty much the only one on a break doing a shopping thing, or being at a cafe, and so on. Whereas on a public holiday, it's sorta different. I can't, for example, go shopping. Neither can I really go for a coffee with friends at the cafe. I suppose I chafe at the implied restrictions that arise from these sort of things.

Anyway, my rant for the day is done, I guess. I'm gonna do some post-dinner cleaning, as well as maybe some TV watching and calling of friends, you know, the proprietary Christmas things. Ciao.

No comments: