Friday, August 24, 2007

Truth be told...

Truth be told, I'm sick of this. Sick of you. No matter how much I try, I see you everywhere. You're inescapable, even if you don't know it. And as sick as I am of you, I can't help but feel a little down when I don't see you. Nor can I help brightening up a little when I see you. You see, you're like an addiction to me. The embodiment of my paradoxical feelings.

When did it all begin, I wouldn't know. Perhaps it was from the first day I met you. Perhaps it was later. I stopped caring since, I'm just waiting for the day when I'll be free. Perhaps my freedom will only come when I tell you. But that I cannot do. Some things should just never be told. Especially since I wouldn't want to devastate you, or trouble you. Rather than liberating myself at your expense,
I'd rather see you happy and carefree, unknowing as we pass through the seasons of life.

I once thought it was merely a shallow thing, a physical infatuation. So I waited. But then I started seeing other things to you. And I was entranced.

All things in this world are governed by the flow of time. It might be so that, with time, I'll forget. Just as you may forget that once, I was a fellow student in a little campus in a little country with you, dreaming of a future where we were someplace else.

So, because I don't know when this will end, I shall say goodbye in advance. That way, I would never have to bid you farewell. Be successful in the path you choose, a leader with great power.

No comments: