Friday, August 03, 2007

OASIS test

Heh, I did my OASIS test today, and.... I got full marks! Yeah! Well, it was technically an online test, so it was very very easy to cheat, but I didn't cheat, one bit. Honest, cross my fingers. Well, I did get Richard to double check my answers, but I already did it on my own by then, so even if I submitted it, I'd have gotten everything right.

Speaking of Richard, yeah, I managed to drag him along with me during the test. Well, more like Bizzy (I can never remember his full name) was begging me to come along to help him, so Bizzy dragged me, and I dragged Richard. And then as soon as we got in, people started well, flooding me with requests for help. I then started to put my wonderful brain to use, and redirected them al to Richard. Muahaha! Well, Richard only ended up helping Bizzy, since he was obviously better than me at electrical, and I just checked that Bizzy was doing it right eventually. He got full marks anyway, for the record.

Oh yes, after I pointed out Richard to Melissa, she called him exactly what I call Rich in jest: "Genius". And he looked up! HAH! A conversation then proceeded like this:

Rich: Well, thats what he calls me all the time, eh?
Melissa: Oh, I'm sorry, I really didn't know your name anyway.
Me: His name's Richard by the way, but he likes being called genius.
Rich: You're a dick, Gabriel.
Me: Come on, Rich, you know you like being called that.
Rich: Yeah, I do.

Man, someone has a huge ego eh? Lol. That was random.

Made two new friends, well three today. I met, or rather, started chatting with Angela and Margaret during my workshop for my Technical Communication paper. They're pretty interesting for Civil engineers. (Yeah, I got dumped into a Civil engineering stream, since first years generally don't do a second year paper). We managed to finish all our work within one hour, which was all sweet. I also met Alistair after that, although I technically knew him by sight already through Rupert and Jack. He was doing his MATLAB project and also his design project. Apparently he knew Jamie too, and through Miles (mutual friend from school), and he met Miles randomly at a party. What a strange coincidence. And we're all in Engineering as well, heh.

I'm still feeling a lot like crap right now, but at least I'm kinda better already. Just weak, I guess, and my nose is blocked, and I have a sore throat. But otherwise, I'm pretty much alright. I'm a little behind in my MATLAB project eh? Some people already finished theirs, and I'm feeling competitive. Its already been out since Monday. So I want to be done with it as soon as possible, preferably by Wednesday, although that'll be a bit tough. I'm off now, ciao~

No comments: