Sunday, August 19, 2007

Dan's

Wow, what a busy night. Went to Dan's at 1:30 to meet up before heading off to mini-golf. Ended up helping him set up the spare house for the party, moving couches, the TV, the barbecue, a table and chairs, and so on. Well, Chris came along halfway so he did a fair amount of it too.

Mini-golf was actually fun. I met one of Dan's old mates Gary, who's pretty cool. Me, JiWin, Tim, Jason (Jason Michael), Alex, Chris and of course Dan played mini-golf, since the rest were catching the school rugby game and stuff at the time. It was pretty fun, I'll say. I didn't do too badly, considering it was my first time with mini-golf. We all managed to hit the ball out of the preset course several times. JiWin was superb at that... He managed to hit one that flew right past Chris, narrowly missing his face, and it got lost in some really thick bushes. All good, we found another one in some other bushes nearby... Heh, I think everyone loses their golf balls in the bushes. Alex broke his putter as well. How he did it I have no idea... But aside from that, it was all good...

Unfortunately for us, it was raining the whole time, and the rain didn't seem to be letting up either. Yes, we did play mini-golf in the rain. Still good though, even though whacking the ball around was slightly harder. Considering that no one would be insane enough to be sitting outside in raining weather, we got the barbecue fired up and started bringing cooked food into the house. It was around this time that Adil, Malcolm, Roberto, and Jason (Drake) showed up. Tim had to go back early, sadly... And we definitely had waaaaay too much beer. Aside from Dan's 40 or more beers, I bought another 15, and Gary bought 12... And we had a few people who were driving, and a few who weren't drinkers... So... well yeah, we had tons of beer, needless to say.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself though, even though I can't say I remember what I was doing. I do remember playing poker, then cards, till like 4:30 in the morning... And well yeah, I only got two hours of sleep this morning. I couldn't get back to sleep, made a bit of noise shuffling through the house and woke up Roberto. I think after that I pretty much woke up Chris, then Dan woke up too. Ah well... We were all sleepy. And we all cleaned up, the hardworking people that we are... And we still had uhm... 20 or so bottles of beer left over... So I say that was a pretty decent effort on our part, we reduced it by two-thirds. And I had a bottle of Jagermeister, which I only had a shot or two of before it mysteriously vanished. According to Dan, it was finished... I had no such recollection of it being finished... But ah well...

Considering it was Dan's 18th (well, an informal one), I would have thought people got him presents. Only me, Malcolm, Adil, and JiWin got him stuff though. I got him an Abercrombie a& Fitch shirt (which I wanted for myself, but ah well...), and Malc and JiWin gave cash, more or less. Adil gave him a hockey ball. Apparently its an inhouse joke that Dan steals hockey balls from the other schools during matches, and they always end up with more balls than they started with. Oh dear...

I'm sorta sleepy, hence the really rushed post. And well, I need to get back to studying for my CHEMMAT test, which is... tomorrow. Same goes for my MATLAB test. Wish me luck... I think I'll crash now...

No comments: