Friday, May 01, 2009

Stein #2: Slumber Party

Last night, I went to Stein 2. I'm sure this comes as no great shock to anyone. I had to buy a friggin' dressing gown because Ange threatened to disown me if I didn't show up in theme. Yeah, I sleep commando so I don't have any nightwear =(

So anyway, I went nightwear shopping in the Warehouse with Chris. Chris wanted to like wear girl's nightwear, plainly because he thought it'd be funny. And truth be told, it was funny as hell. He got a white dressing gown with pink hearts, and this pair of pink pyjama's meant for 14 year old girls. And to top it off, pink furry boot-slippers with those furry balls on the end. Epic. Seriously.

We even had pre-drinks at Ange's flat, mainly because they jacked the price of Tui's at the Stein from $1 a can to $2. I know, OMG, shock horror. Well, in all honesty, pre-drinks meant I could buy better beer at the same price. Kieran eventually came along just as we formed a walking bus to the Stein, and he wore an uhm... outfit which I would say was interesting. It was some weird French maid thing with huge fake boobs at the front. One of the funniest sights I had ever seen though, so yeah.

The Carlton, which was the venue this time, wasn't too bad at all. They had two levels, and so different music on either level, and the music this time wasn't as bad as Stein 1. They played Killing in The Name Of!!! And "I'm On a Boat!" Ahh, what fun times. Not saying they didn't have the more conventional dance-ish music either, but the music was a definite improvement (as in it was more like the usual Steins). 

You know what else made this one rather sweet? More 3rd year BME's!! We had Chris, Nick, Scott, Ming, Tessa and me (I know it's grammatically incorrect, shhh)! That's far more than we had last year (me and Tessa) for them biomedical engineers. I expect there were some 2nd years too, but we hardly know them, so...

And damn, was I dangerously drunk at the start of the night. I somehow managed to dodge a bullet there, given how many beers and Quick Fucks I was having. I managed to slow down just in time though, so it was all good =)

I danced and danced and danced. And talked and talked and talked. And sang and yelled. So of course I had fun! On hindsight, I also noticed at Ange's flat, I was almost the token Asian. Well, token male Asian anyway. The Civil's had their token Asian who was female. 

Started drinking Red Bull Vodka's towards the end of the night. It was kinda amusing, because I remember becoming immensely giggly when I was having 'em. Like I was channeling Ange or something. Oh dear god. You see, Timmy came up to me and pretty much stole my drink. He even tried to finish drinking it before I grabbed it back. Then started giggling. He bought me another one though, which was pretty sweet. He claims he's too generous with me or something. I just think I deserve 'em anyway =)

Anyway, pretty sleepy now. Skipped like 3/4's of my classes today. Oh yeah! Today was Drake Day. One of our classmates, Jason (last name Drake) dresses constantly in tan/black pants, white t-shirt, and black hoodie and shoes. So me and Iain organised a Drake Day where we do an "Interpretive Drake" of sorts. Did I also mention Drake has very weird wavy hair? It forms crests and according to Iain, is impossible to recreate. He did try today, afterall. 11 of us turned up in our Drake gear today. It was another epic day. We might do it again next year, on the first Friday of May. Timmy seemed to be the closest in a realistic emulation of Drake. Ange told me when I saw her today: "Timmy looks soooooo (yup, emphasis on so included) much like Drake!"

So yeah, where was I? Oh yeah, sleepy. And I have to finish my MEDSCI lab report =(

Sleep first though. I think. Night!

No comments: