Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Kegs '09

Boy am I tired. Went to Kegs today (you know, Kegs in the Park). It's that Engineering event where they get kegs and kegs and kegs of Tui beer, and the whole bloody thing starts at 10:00 AM. Yes, we drink at 10. It's awesome. T-shirt this year was great as well. It's a bit of a cheeky take on WALL-E on two fronts. The first front is more innocent, TU-E (you know, same pronunciation is Tui!). The second is slightly more subtle. Upon initial observation, it seems that WALL-E is happy plainly because he's having beer. Look closer, and you'll find that Eva is in a compromising position (about crotch level). I'll leave you to draw your conclusions. Maybe I'll post a picture up if and when I get my camera back.

So yeah, I managed to avoid getting tigered. Tiger-ing is essentially simple: there are two plastic toy tigers somewhere in someone's hands, like tag. If you get tigered, you get treated to the song that goes:

"Hail to brother/sister (insert name), brother/sister (insert name), brother/sister (insert name)
Hail to brother/sister (insert name) who's with us today
We love him/her, we hate him/her, we love to masturbate him/her
Hail to brother/sister (insert name) who's with us today
So drink motherfucker, drink motherfucker, drink motherfucker, drink motherfucker, drink (repeat last line until vessel is downed)"

Essentially, you have to down your vessel at the appropriate time. Obviously. Screw up, and you'll get treated to chants of "Finish it", and if you spill or give up, you get a "You fucked up!" chant.

I didn't think at my current disposition towards beer today that I could handle being tigered, so I stayed far far away from it.

Some people thought it would be funny to egg us and toss cold water on us. That all missed me, but some others weren't so lucky. Egg stinks. Apparently it was some Civil engineers from 3rd year, because they were jealous since they had a test that day. Don't see the point in being petty though. Meh.

Pub crawl began at noon. Let's omit most details since they're roughly the same. One bit that stood out though was me having lunch at one of the pubs (lamb shanks). Annoyingly though, this random dude whom none of us knew came up and suddenly started digging his fingers through my mash potatoes. I mean, what the fuck?! My mates were picking at my food, but they are MY mates, and I know them. I don't even know who that fucking dude is! So yeah, I naturally lost my appetite, and also got a trifle pissed at him. Some Commerce dude who decided to tag along to Kegs though. Meh. Idiot. Apparently he was being real creepy as well to Ange, like hitting on her and stuff. Last I looked, he was randomly touching girls as he walked by. And also being a general douche to people he didn't know. Like once when I was dancing along with Timmy, he kinda came up behind me and just started humping. Or something. Purely creepy. I shudder to think of it.

Anyway, it was a great time I had, although I started to get real tired around 5. We ended at roughly 6 (not that it was technically over), and me, Timmy and Damjan went for pizza at this pretty cool place nearby. Will I do this again? Of course! Even considering that I don't like beer too much, sure! I downed my fair share, not as much as some I could see, but hey, I had a 1L vessel, so buzz off. I filled it up quite a few times too.

I really need to have a sleep now. SOOOOOO tired. Night.

P/S: Met Rachel (I think) again, the chick who like took my camera during Round the Bays and started taking pictures with it. You know, if you look at facebook and start seeing all these close up shots of people playing rugby (I think league, doubt it was touch), that was her. Her picture's somewhere there too. Yep. And yeah. Anyway, nights!

No comments: