Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's sunny again?

Seriously, this Auckland winter is confusing me now. Instead of it being cold, cold and even more cold, today is actually hot enough for me to walk around in shorts and just a t-shirt. Well, it's 8 degrees outside, but the sun is more than hot enough. Bizzarre.

Kat's 20th was yesterday at Chapel. It was what I expected it to be, so I must say I'm rather pleased although, come to think of it, I didn't have any cake. That was odd. I didn't think I'd forget to eat cake. Then again...

Friday finished for me at 3 in the afternoon, since I decided to skip some lectures and go to Shadows with Timmy, Anthony, Iain, Ange, and uhh. I forgot who else. All I remember was having a real damn good time there until like 6:30 when I decided I had to leave and get over to Ponsonby. I somehow managed to secure a ride there with Willow which saved me the trouble of like getting the bus there, since I was not really going to be good with directions about then. I even managed to tackle James (there are seriously too many of them) as he walked past me then. 

It should be rather obvious that I just kept myself pretty alcohol-fueled throughout the night. I recall a Manhattan and several martinis. I even extolled the virtues of a martini to this dude, uhmm.... I think he was Nick at the party. At any rate, I vaguely remember these names anyway. A Chloe somewhere, some Megan, uhm... damn. I forgot. Maybe some Bridget somewhere, but seriously.

At some point later, Alastair somehow sampled a hug from Rupert. Then I wanted one too, so I sampled one too, much to Nora's amusement. And I can conclude that he is a very good hugger. Better than Alastair in fact. Nora seemed to say something then about Rupert getting more hugs from guys than the opposite sex. Haha.

I got pretty tired soon though. It must be age catching up with me finally =( Went for drinks at Cartel with Jack, Kirsty, Rupert and Nora, and I had another martini. Needless to say, this sparked yet another conversation about martinis. Nora's a bartender, so I suppose that'd make sense. I normally do have my martinis with more vermouth than what people expect, like about a bottle-capful of vermouth or so. It becomes a whole lot more drinkable though. Also, adding much more vermouth turns the whole thing very very drinkable, although it becomes really hard to taste the gin then, so... Yeah, Nora and Rupert were both rather suprised at how easy it was to drink this, and the gin was superb too. I've never had a Martin Millers before, but now I'm a fan. It goes there along with Tanqueray No. 10,  and South.

Anyway, should get on to all that assignments. Until then!

No comments: