Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Revue: Part 2

Alright, I forgot to write this yesterday, but there isn't much left to say.

So, while there were high moments in the revue, there were quite a few low points. Unfortunately, we somehow acquired a lot of dancers, and to accomodate them, guess what? We had lots of dances. 

Not that dances are a bad thing, but I felt like it was kinda discontinuous with the whole concept of the revue's theme this year. Plus, they had dances to Beyonce's Halo (which I thoroughly despise, because I never liked the song anyway), and the dancers weren't good, choreography wasn't superb, and mainly choreography wasn't superb. And the dancers weren't good. Have I made my point clear? I thought so. Repeated use of the strobe light isn't a good thing, especially when it was already present in the previous dance, especially when it feels like it was deliberately there to cover up the lack of skill by the dancers. Ok, I'm probably being mean. They weren't all that bad. Mainly repetitive. I also blame the choreographer for lack of originality.

There were still high points in the dances though. One was a Bollywood dance, which wasn't choreographed by aforementioned choreographer. It was probably of the best dance routines for the revue too, which just goes to suggest something... Yes... Another brilliant idea was male ballet dancers in those ballet tutu's. Yup, MALE engineers in ballet tutu's. Now that was absolutely comical. I laughed heaps for that one.

So, after the whole revue thing was over, we went over to the Muddy Farmer (some Irish pub) for the afterparty. Personally, I didn't think it was a great party, but hey, it was good to chill, drink and chat. Just not, you know, the typical party thing people expect. I got real sleepy at 2 am, but I stayed to well, make sure Iain was fine, just in case. He was drinking heaps that night anyway, and me none since I had that horrible sore throat. Timmy stayed too, which was kinda nice.

We ended up only leaving the pub at like 4 in the morning. I think. Didn't look at the time by then, and we went to McDonald's, because it's like the only place open then. Remembering my previous (2) experiences there this year (and only 2 out of the previous 3 years too... wow), I decided that my earlier resolve to avoid McDonald's was well justified. So, I just sat there whilst the others decided to get something. Eventually at 5, we all kinda left. Damn, I was sleepy.

Did I enjoy myself? Of course. Like I said, $12 well spent. I wasn't a big fan of the venue, but I guess it made it cheaper. I might even involve myself next year, since I actually have time for it then. Didn't even have any time for rest around revue sign-ups and practice this year, so I suppose it was a good thing I didn't sign up. 

Stein on Thursday, and Kegs next Wednesday. Fun, fun, fun. If only this bothersome cough would go away before Thursday...

1 comment:

admin said...

Male with tutu-ARGHHHHH NOOOO

MY EARS ARE THE STAINED.

Pity that they didn't have a good choreographer/dancers for the most part :P

I find the Bollywood dance routines usually pretty amazing too! And for shows (movies) there's always the teleporting trick they use!