Saturday, May 09, 2009

I Baked a Cake...

...but my mother dropped it before it was finished. There goes the cake, I guess. Damn. I don't even know if it worked or not. Ah well, it was a lemon lime sugar cake, so could've been good.

Went over to Timmy's yesterday, since he and Anthony were baking their cake for the bake-off. Some very alcoholic variant of a Mississippi mudcake. They added too much baking powder to the mix though, so it ended up too dry. Plus, Timmy got too impatient and cut it prematurely before it had finished cooling, so it split into many larger pieces. Well. Sorta. It was really funny to see anyway. And when he finished slathering on the cream, the cake kinda slid on the cream and out, making it look like a landslide. And oh god, the icing was so alcoholic. You could practically taste the rum in it. They even planned to coat it in Bacardi 151 so they could set it on fire. With the alcohol present in the icing, the cake might have been on fire for quite a long time.

We grabbed dinner (pizza) from Domino's. Anyway, over there, this guy came in with his 5-year-old son (looked about). The kid was soooo adorable! Like, the kind you'd just spoil because he was so cute! Awww. I know I'm gushing, but he was such an adorable kid. You just wait till you see a kid like him, then you'll know what I mean.

A little gutted about the "cake", but ah well. Making shortbread cookies tomorrow, so that should be harder for her to screw up. Hopefully. My fingers smell like citrus, but I don't have any cake to show for it =(

No comments: