Saturday, November 10, 2007

My Life's Constants Are...

(Blogger's note: Damn you Sandra, you made this post before I did =P. Ah well, I'll just do it anyway.)

Boredom. Alright, its not like I'm bored 24/7, but... well, I don't actually go out all the time with friends. I can be almost anti-social during the holidays sometimes, and even if I'm not, I have a tendency to be bored on any day I'm not doing anything. But hey, I guess I just can't occupy my time by myself.


Drifting. I don't mean the car boy-racer sort. I mean the sort of drifting you get when you finally look back and realise that you've wandered off, leaving another group of friends behind. Or maybe it was mutual. I guess its a bad thing for me, but sometimes I'm far too prone to letting this happen. Which leads to...

Reunions. There are always long, long periods that go by without me meeting some of my friends, purely because we belong to different social circles. So obviously, there'll be reunions. Strangely enough, farewells aren't as constant I guess. Purely because I never say goodbye. There's something too finite about farewells, and I guess I hate the tone of finality. I've never been one for goodbyes.

Coffee. This has become a ritual for me almost, to just enjoy a cup of coffee and sit down and have maybe a cake or cookie with it. Or to go to a cafe and relax by myself.

Gym. If I didn't go, I'd be bored mindless for an extra 6 to 10 hours a week. Its quite fun, heading down to campus, gym-ming, then spending time in town for a bit.

Not alcohol. Contrary to what people may think or otherwise suggest, I'm hardly an alcoholic. I don't necessarily binge-drink, neither do I constantly drink. Heh, I think my grades would slip if I tried that. Or maybe I might make myself stupid if I did it.

No comments: