Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Yeah, 'twas a good day yesterday. I would normally have forgotten that my birthday was yesterday, but I got around to organising (albeit a little last minute) stuff to do with my friends, so it was, all in all, a fun day. I'm happy to spend my time with friends.

Lasertag at Ponsonby was good fun. I still suck heaps at it, but I'm getting better, I think. Or perhaps I'd like to think that, hehe. I definitely know that I did way worse the first time round... And I didn't even know half of the people I was playing with. Among the 15 of us (including myself), I only knew Mihailo, JiWin, Daniel, Chris, Allan, Carol, Laura, and Lily. Alright, fine. That's quite a few, considering its more than half of the 14. And I suppose I kinda knew Chen, since well, Carol got me and him talking to get this thing sorted. All good though, I basically ended up shooting anything that moved, even when it was my own team mate =P My bad...

Uhm, yeah. Dinner was a fun fun affair too. Gengy's is so totally worth it for like $21.95. Its all you can eat, and they cook it in front of you, Mongolian BBQ style. You even pick the seasoning, sauces and ingredients, etc. Fun, fun, fun. I definitely want to do that again. And oh, the dessert was pancakes with ice cream. Who could pass up on either pan cakes or ice cream? Gosh, and the sauces were fun to experiment with.

Strangely enough, I think Allan must have picked up something from Richard, even though I'm sure Allan's never seen Richard interact with me much. He decided to be rather mean (yes I hate you Allan =P) and called me a girl. I think it had something to do with him making a comparison between me and Laura and saying that she should shop more, etc. Considering that I do shop a lot... well, I guess it didn't help my case. Also, I guess the fact that I was the only guy who decided to wear a scarf, and well... Laura was wearing a scarf too... You get the point. And the jokes kept on rolling. Poor me, and it was my birthday even.

Oh well, I actually didn't mind. Its good to have a laugh at your own expense. And I did walk into some of the jokes. Silly me. Hehe.

I swear I must have gotten worse at bowling though. I remember playing 2 or so years ago, and I'm pretty certain I was NOT this horrible. I was awful. I got the ball into the gutter on so many occasions it became well, embarrassing. And to think the last time, I was actually not that bad, and could score well into the triple digit region by the end of every game. Ah well, I guess I've definitely showed them up when they say: "You can't completely forget how to play a game once you've learnt it". So there. I've not only forgotten it, but I've completely gone beyond forgetting to being utterly useless. They should let me play with the gutter-guards and that kiddish ramp. Hehe =P

No comments: