Monday, July 16, 2007

1st day back...

Alright, fine fine fine fine. I'm going to update the blog. Good call Lionel. I bet you're so happy now. Well, I guess its been awhile since I've last blogged.

I love going back to university and all, except for one little problem. Stupid lectures at 8am in the MORNING. YES, MORNING. (Which, really, is a damn shame.) I have to wake up at 6am in the morning just so I can take a long hot shower, because its so damn cold, and have enough time to fumble around in the dark, since its only 6AM IN THE MORNING; as well as eat some semblance of breakfast.

But, hey, I got there on time. And to start my day; was the most interesting discovery I made upon reaching my locker. MY LOCKER WAS BLOODY BROKEN INTO. Well, my padlock got completely twisted out of shape, like somebody attempted to wrench it or something (I'm guessing some pliers did the job), and someone even kindly dumped it inside my locker. And why my locker? WHY?! Its not like I have jewelry or limited edition textbooks which are worth $1000. Hell, I don't even have textbooks, since I'm too much of a cheapskate to buy them. (Don't need them anyway). Ah well, I'll just have to replace the lock I guess. This time with a really really THICK one. And here I thought everyone at Engineering was more than rich enough to afford their own lockers/books/pencils/formula book/paper.

Aside from that, lectures were actually fun, I daresay. Of course, ENGGEN 131 was a bore since they were going over multiplications in MATLAB. Which, in my humble opinion, is rather obvious. Like 5*3 is obviously 5 multiplied 3.

Oh my god, I'm thinking of actually switching my General Education (GE) paper to SPORTSCI 101: Myths & Fitness. Its so, uhm, interestingly educational? And they have heaps of lecturers, all of whom have multiple postgrads. I'm so impressed, I'm actually gushing. But I think I'll stick around and see what PHIL 105 is like... If its easy, then I'll stay. After all, free A+'s beat interesting, right?

CHEMMAT 121 was such a laugh. Our lecturer chose to take a sword (yes, a real one) as "a typical engineering specimen" for her illustrations of stress, strain and elasticity. Like: "Now, you wouldn't want this engineering specimen to bend too much when you attempt to stab someone with it" and so forth. She even brought two squash racquet's, one bent out of shape, the other snapped completely. She claimed it was due to her having issues of unhappiness with the said items during related games of squash. Oh god, she's got a good sense of humour, as well as a good sense of sarcasm, for an engineer. And our engineering lecturers are known to be lame and dull, so I think I'm in for some fun this semester.

I know this will sound really really sad, but I waited for Shadows to open at midday for 40 minutes. Yes, 40 minutes. Well, it wasn't my fault, really... There was nothing better to do for 3 hours, and Jamie suggested that we get a jug of beer (which turned out to be 3)... But hey, it was all good. I got into the ENGGEN 131 lab slightly tipsy. And I even managed to complete my lab work within half an hour!!! YAY!

Um, I think that's it for now... I'm like really tired, and grumpy because all I have tomorrow is a lecture, which wastes an hour or more of my life getting up and going to the lecture. Did I mention that I was bored? Oh... speaking of bored...

LIONEL UPDATE YOUR BLOG. DO IT, DO IT, DO IT.
FLAME HARRY POTTER SOME MORE!!!
JOIN THE FOOD FIGHT ON FACEBOOK!!!
START A WATER FIGHT! HELLS YEAH, WATER FIGHT!
200 POINTS FOR GETTING THE GUY IN THE SUIT!

Alright, ciao.

No comments: