Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Open Survey (of sorts)

Alright, out of general curiosity, I'll just leave this one open indefinitely, so reply whenever. I've noticed that engineering students in New Zealand tend to dress badly, or at least poorly when compared to Science majors, Medicine, Pharmacy, Law, etc. How true is this over wherever you are? Bear in mind that I mean most, not all =)

I have a feeling Singapore's exempt from the rule, since it's a little too hot. And how do I define poorly dressed? Hm, that's a hard one. I dunno, I guess they just look sloppy in a way? Or a general refusal to wear anything but t-shirts? I can't define it because it's based on what I see. Plus I'm bad at explaining stuff (as I've already established in my interactions with fellow students during lessons). Anyway, gotta get back to last minute packing. Ciao!

4 comments:

admin said...

Hmmm, true for most cases, even in Melb., for the t-shirts part.

But is it Engineering that makes them that way?

Or is it the more plausible yet drastic notion, that people with "poor dressing styles" go into engineering?

Cause the engineers I know had "poor" dressing style even before going into Engineering.

lamomok said...

what's wrong with t-shirts? as long as it doesn't look bogan :s aren't t-shirts the norm, esp in hot weather?

admin said...

^

T-Shirts are okay to wear, but I think he's on the same track as I am, being "Only T-Shirts No matter What Weather ", with the only exceptions of Formals, and being forced to wear something else (mum nag, dress code, etc.)

But T-Shirts only are fine, it all depends on WHO's wearing them. =)

gabe said...

t-shirts are the norm, but yeah I was kinda implying to the point hui had... and besides, they also somehow manage to make the t-shirts really sloppy looking, so it looks crappy and whatnot... I mean, I've seen people in Arts pull it off better, or Sports Science for that matter