Monday, November 24, 2008

A movie marathon - maybe a jog

I watched 4 movies over 2 nights, and most of them would be considered festival type films: Juno; The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford; Atonement; and La Vie en Rose. It only occurred to me after watching all four that I like movies that are somewhat sad. The ones that I liked best of the two? The Assassination of Jesse James, and Atonement. Only because they were so... sad... touching in a way. And so cinematographically beautiful.

I know its a bit late to be watching either of the 4 movies, but I've been rather busy this year, so I haven't had as much time to watch movies as I'd like. I'm entirely happy I saw those movies, and I absolutely love it. As much as I liked 3:10 to Yuma in fact. It was somehow sad as well, which brings me back to the theory that I like sad stories. 

I made a drill gauge in workshop practice today. Yay! It's utterly useless except for looking somewhat pretty in all its polished steelness (I filed at it and sandpapered it to give it a finished look, I'm so proud of myself). I think it'll make a wonderful paperweight.

Off to bed, I have gym and workshop practice again, for pretty much the rest of the week. Then after that it'll be work and gym. Ciao!

No comments: