Thursday, November 20, 2008

Back

I was going to write earlier, but I got very sleepy and fell asleep for the last 7 hours. I think I'm coming down with a cold, which kinda sucks.

Camping was fun, although I wish it was warmer than it would be and that the sun would be out more. I also found out that I was very very good at 500, at least when I was playing with Charlie, Darien, Ethan, and so on. And, shockingly I didn't finish my bottle of Bacardi I brought, but I blame my developing cold for that.

All in all, it was an awesome trip, I had heaps of fun at the beach, except for two instances yesterday, one when I decided (rather stupidly) to take a morning shower. The water was FREEZING!!! In fact, I didn't feel so good after that one. The stupidity then continued at midday when I went for a swim in the ocean. The sun was mostly hiden, problematically, which only made the water colder. I probably got hypothermic shock from that as a result. No idea... although I was feeling rather feverish today.

We lit bonfires at the beach every night, and drank to celebrate... well, I don't know what we were celebrating really. The end of exams, life, youth? Whatever it was, it was a damn good celebration. And the sand was really nice and clean. I have a little bit of a tan from the trip too, so that's good. Could do with more I guess, but there wasn't enough sun anyway, and we didn't stay long enough. Another day would probably have covered me, tan-wise, although I would have been down with the cold then, so I'm not sure how that'd work.

My god, Cathy was up at 5:30 yesterday morning cleaning up the general campsite, and woke me up. And me being a light sleeper didn't make it any easier either, considering that I barely caught a wink of sleep the night before. I have no idea how much sleep I got over the two nights, but I'll bet you it's less than 10 hours in total.

My nature of hangovers appear to be shifting. This morning I was rather suprised to discover that I didn't have my normal hangovers (the seasick vertigo types). I instead had the mother of all headaches for my hangover instead. Its definitely a slightly more welcome change, since I don't feel like puking my guts out with this type of hangover, although slightly worrying in that I appear to be changing. I mean, I discovered that I had a huge gap in my memory from the night before as well, which was extremely disconcerting. 

I woke up early in the morning suddenly to find myself in bed with my sleeping bag draped over me, when my last conscious memory was standing up at the beach and talking to uhm... Timmy and Iain and whoever else? Apparently I was actually still alright, very drunk, but still conscious and moving and talking. Whatever it was, I actually don't remember any of it. Which was very very worrying too. 

Nothing much happened from what I could gather anyway, in my regards. I apparently traded my usual jibes with Drake, ran around trying to find my bottle of Barcardi and the bottle of red wine I had. More interestingly, I learnt that I missed out of the bit where Iain was running around and Timmy, thinking that Tom was Iain, tackled him. Then they started wrestling, and apparently Tom was humping Tim, or something like that. And later Tony came up to Drake completely nude and uhh, made disturbing passes at him. Haha, that would have been gold. According to Mihailo, I actually was there and apparently made some comment, but I really do not remember any of that anyway.

Oh, we actually got Iain to streak anyway! That was kinda funny, me, Kane (Timmy's brother), Tony, and Charlie sorta peer-pressured Iain to do it with us, and we went streaking all across the bonfire site at the beach. Oh yeah, it's a nudist beach anyway, so nothing illegal, although most of us were apprehensive about going in the nude, so it made streaking all the more fun. Hehe. It was quite a while since I did that last anyway, and when I commented on it to Iain, he was like: "It actually sounds like something you'd do anyway". WHATTT? I give off streaker, fratboy vibes? I doubt I embody those stereotypes. Do I? Hmm.

Pretty tired, and that was a massive rant on my part. More sleep..... Night

2 comments:

admin said...

ah, seems like you had an mini-adventure of sorts,

:)

gabe said...

that I did, that I did