Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Mix-Up

Well, yes... yesterday and today have been another of those whirlwind days. Woke up massively sleep deprived on Friday, dragged myself to lectures, blah blah blah. Then I went shoe shopping. I think I've found the pair I want, but I'll keep looking for a while longer. And oh, one of the assistants is this gay dude. Yes, I mean gay. We even traded numbers, since he was a cool guy and all, and well, I think it'll be cool having him as a friend. I don't think he was hitting on me, before anyone is inclined to suggest, heh.

Then basically met up with Alastair (still sleep-deprived) to do more.... shopping! Gosh, I'm incorrigible already I think. Its fun though. I like going shopping, and well... Yeah... Its not like I shop all the time anyway. You know what? I didn't even get anything from this shopping excursion, although Alastair got a nice shirt from Tarocash. Sigh.

After all that, we hit his place to chill, and have a business meeting of sorts. Well, basically Al here has got some ideas that he reckons he can capitalise on, and I would agree, these ideas are pretty viable. So yeah, I just became his sounding board, critique, and partner in research. I'm sure there will be more to help out as we go. But hey, start small, right?

I'd like to see where this little venture leads anyway. Even if I don't manage to see it through myself, it will be interesting if it does hit off. But anyway, thats a little into the future for the moment. Although I must say our productivity decreased very very very much when we decided to break halfway and have a few CC's and coke (Canadian Club, a sort of whisky, if you were wondering). And then tea even. Wow, I never actually did think that tea would be so distracting. Needless to say, we were tired and too tea-ed up and semi-alcohol-ed (yes, bad English, but you get the point) by 1am, so we stopped and watched Eddie Izzard on youtube. Eddie Izzard is a fully awesome stand-up comedian. Seriously, go watch some of his stuff. I never did laugh harder.

And yeah, I was only home for like half an hour before I had to rush over to Allan's and head down for like an hour's drive down to Silverdale with the boys to go to the luge. Well, it was more of a downhill cart thing rather than an actual luge, but hey. All good. And its for Allan's 19th, so well, hey, whatever the birthday boy says, right?

Needless to say, when it comes to anything that involves any of the following: speed, precision, physics, common sense, et cetera, I am absolutely horrendous at it. So, I sucked at the luge. Well, yes, I got scratches on my right hand and ring when I had to use my hand to steady myself from like being overturned onto the sidewalk because I couldn't execute a turn round the fucking sharp turn. And I pretty much got owned. I think I'll have to buy a new ring soon, before I scratch it beyond recovery. I even managed to actually get overturned on a COMPLETELY straight path because, well, I was uhm, texting while moving towards the side. Goes to show that you should NEVER text while driving, eh?

Then we headed back to town and hit... Nando's!!!! For dinner. I think I was craving chicken, which is why I'm so hyped about it. Can't blame a starving man, can you? The food never did stand a chance against us, except for poor Dan and Tommy, who aren't used to having real spicy stuff, and they ordered Extra Hot. Yeah, they got all sweaty and stuff too. Me and Allan on the other hand were just chowing it down so quickly. I would have moved on to the chips, but bloody Arnold had to finish all of it before we even got to that. And not to mention Jamie stole all my water, and Miles was his accomplice. Damn those two. Making me walk to the counter to get another bottle of water.

The wind down was incredibly long. Me, Allan and Arnold just chilled at some milk tea place for like an hour or two... I think... I swear Arnold loves milk tea completely. I reckon its Allan's influence, since I hardly go for milk tea myself. Then we went back to Allan's and played... Mario Kart! Yay! Haha, its been ages since I've played that, so it was kinda fun.

You know, I think this week, even with summer school starting and all, has been an incredible week. I could say I rarely did have a dull moment. Except now, I've got an assignment due this Tuesday, the reward for all my procrastination. ARGH!!!

P/S: Apparently I left my jacket at Alastair's. Damn. And apparently I have his tie. Double damnation. No idea how that happens. Didn't think I was ever that absent-minded, sheesh. Probably Alastair rubbing off me, since he frequently leaves his shades behind unless I remind him about them.

No comments: