Friday, December 28, 2007

See, Sandra.. You're Not Weird.

This post is a reply to Sandra's post: Obsessions Of A 19 Year Old.
Here you go Sandra. Just for you... the confessional of an 18 year old regarding his many obsessions throughout the year 2007:


  • Fresh Fragrances. Oh. My. God. I must have gone insane just wanting to buy as many bottles of those types of fragrances then. (Good thing I didn't). Unfortunately I didn't have enough resources on hand then, which I guess helped, otherwise all my fragrances would have a fresh smell.
  • Woody/Oriental/Aromatic, ie. not fresh fragrances. Yes, this is my current phase. I think I'm going insane.
  • Staring into people's eyes. And getting lost in blue, green or deep ones. Regardless of the person's gender. Yes, it disturbs people, but I always get lost in people's eyes if they've got some depth to it. Brown ones work too. Black's too reflective.
  • Designer Goods. Alright, who hasn't had this obsession? Yves Saint Laurent, Armani, Ralph Lauren, Nicole Farhi, Boss, the list of brands were endless. Whew, thankfully I've toned down before I did too much damage.
  • Winter Coats. Yes, I obsessed over finding the perfect coat for ages, before I found out that the one I wanted would never come to Australia, much less NZ. I was plunged into gloom for 2 weeks.
  • Unadon! Yes, Sandra, I, too was guilty of this crazy addictive dish.
  • Cafe lattes. Don't think I'm over this one yet. For very obvious reasons. Very very very obvious reasons. Can you resist?
  • Reading people's blogs off Joon Hui's overseer. I still do this. Crazily enough.
  • Facebook. How this thing was ever addictive I have no clue... But it seriously occupied my time. So much time...
  • Downloading games. Even though I don't play them. Don't ask, I sorta hoard it for no reason.
  • Drinking. Yeah, all those times I spent at the student bar, Shadows... I don't think I'm that much of a drinker now, but I still enjoy drinking and stuff. Just not to the extent that I did before. Which was... insane...
  • Competing with Richard at CHEMMAT. Which ended with me tying with him. Gah.
  • Talking to as many people (including getting to know them) in the Engineering Faculty. I think my count is 100 or so out of the 600 1st years... Add a smattering of second years (30), 4 3rd years, and 6 4th years...
  • Helping as many people out in the Engineering Faculty. Which I got very very very very sick of after the 3985250254th time when some idiot would come up to me and ask a very stupid question, such as: "But why do we use the Thevenin voltage?" GAH!!! Even worse were the programming questions. *shudder*
  • Buying clothes that fit a urban casual style. Yes, I'm still in this phase, although I think I'm currently in the phase of...
  • Buying clothes for a summer style. Haha, I'm obsessed.
  • Going to shop for clothes. I don't necessarily buy clothes, but I like to keep up to date with NZ fashion.
  • Reading magazines along the likes of ARENA, and Esquires. Essentially, men's magazines.
There are probably way more obsessions, but I can't remember them all. I know some of them are rather mundane, but the point is, I have my many obsessions too. Right, Sandra?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha!!! can't help laughing whhile reading :P ooh fresh fragrances. i love the smell of freshly cutgrass! mooooo :D

You've got some interesting obsessions:P I think im gonna have an unadon later!!!

gabe said...

haha, I was thinking you'd comment on my obsession with staring into people's eyes.

yeah, I'm sorta crazy as it is. blame some of my friends this year. every year, people I associate with leave me with some strange trait.

Anonymous said...

i wonder if girls mistaken it as u staring at them instead? stalkish! tsktsk

gabe said...

haha, nah, they just think I'm really direct because I meet their eyes all the time. I don't exactly glaze over very obviously and/or drool ya know =P

of course, I can't deny that there are people who will occasionally notice, which then requires me to explain less it turn awkward.