Monday, December 17, 2007

Fox 101.9FM and MYERS

I knew that being in Melbourne would impart some random habits on me in some form or another. And here is one of its manifestations. I have started listening to The Fox, which they self-declare as the best radio channel in Melbourne. Well, I guess if they host Hamish and Andy, they must be good. Hamish and Andy appear regularly on an Australian talk show, Rove, for those who aren't familiar. Bloody entertaining show too.

Apart from that, I remembered something that happened while I was back in Melbourne. I got a job offer at MYERS, some departmental store that stocks clothes, fragrances, etc. Well, Ronald can testify for me, since he was there with me too. I think the senior staff on duty there was sort of impressed that I knew stuff about fragrances, and well, it was sorta busy round there, so I reckon they did need more people. Sadly, I had to decline, since well, I can't legally work in Australia. Oh well, its sorta flattering to know that I was so "knowledgeable" that someone wanted to hire me. If only this would occur in NZ too. Sigh.

2 comments:

Caranthir Narmolanya said...

Sorry... Don't mean to burst your bubble , but Carol was saying that you can tell ur potential NZ employers that you worked at Myers Melbourne and use her as the referror when u apply in NZ. :P I think that was what she meant... :D

gabe said...

you remember her name!!!

uhm, yeah, she said that right at the end. after I kept declining her and said I would prefer to work in NZ...

heh. or maybe she meant only what you said. whichever, it was flattering that I got a reference for free! overseas one too! so her name's Carol you say? awesome.