Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Rage

Argh, I hate the retarded first-years. Alright, I guess I'm a first year myself, so I'll amend the statement slightly. I hate first-years that are retards, which happens to be at least 1/2 of the people in Engineering.

One of the retards managed to piss me off severely today. I was explaining to this guy the reason for using the square root of a number in determining if it was a prime number. Its quite logical anyway, but some people don't get it. That I don't mind. Anyway, its like this, in case you don't know: If you wish to find the factors of a certain number n, you'll only find non-corresponding factors (eg, 2 and 4 are corresponding factors of 8) up till its square root. That's also kind of obvious. So it'll make sense in programming to only search up to its square root instead of every single number, right?

Anyway, this random retard sitting at the same table decides to open his big mouth and say: "I think I disagree. That's not what its used for?", which severely annoyed me. Bear in mind that I've been already enduring retards who think they'll try and act smart and object when they don't even understand what they're on about.

So, I snapped. A little. I challenged him to tell me what the square root value was used for and to kindly tell me. Then he was all like: "Let me look at the program, I don't know it as well as you." Retard. I had only looked at it for less than 5 minutes before explaining it. You don't need to know the program. You only have to know what it means mathematically. So I sort of told him to come over and tell me when he found an answer, and I just sat with Jack and Rupert. The bloody idiot never came back. I hope he went crawling back to the hole he came from. Hope he fails to get into Civil, because retards like to pick Civil (since they think its easy), and I hope he gets kicked out of Engineering. Idiots like that shouldn't even be in Engineering in the first place.

Raged. Raged. Raged.

Oh. In other news, I got 47/50 for my CHEMMAT test. And I did pretty shit in my Philosophy test. My preliminary mark was 49%. Which is just galling. I'm sending it back for a remark, considering I think some of my points were right.

No comments: