Sunday, February 22, 2009

Paid! And now the countdown begins..

I recently decided to check my bank balance, and just realised I've been the paid the remainder of the sum I was promised for when I did the studentship. This technically ends the work agreement I have. 

And what am I going to do with it? Well, firstly, I need to pay off my credit card bills. Then to get more supplements for gym, then to renew my gym membership. All that's a grand already, almost. Then I'm thinking I could get a new camera, since I kinda hate the one I have. Then a new pair of glasses, although I'm not quite sure how much that'll cost.

Anyone know how much a pair of Oliver Peoples frames would cost? Anyway, I estimate another grand for that (with lens and consultations), just in case. That means all in all, I've already spent two and a half grand. God... $2500. Well, mabe it's not going to cost me $1000, but if it does cost more...

And after all that, if I have any cash leftover... I could: a) buy textbooks; or b) buy an iPod touch.

Hmm... We'll see after I get the above items sorted, aye?

2 comments:

bp said...

ey mate, how much did u earn per hour/month/wadeva during ure internship? just wanna compare with the ones here lol

gabe said...

ah, my internship? it was a lumpsum of $4000 tax-free regardless of hours worked, so long as you complete the hours required... so...

if I worked all the 400 hours I'm claiming =P, my pay rate is $10 "after tax"... if I work it out by the actual hours I've worked... my pay rate is close to $27 per hour. it's how you see it, really...