Wednesday, February 27, 2008

here's one to try...

Ever had a Rusty Nail? Do try it, if you enjoy scotch whisky and old-fashioned classics. Although most pubs/bars do not actually know how to make this, so you may have to instruct them yourself (as I did). At any rate, its simple as:

1 double shot (2 oz.) scotch
1/4 double shot (0.5 oz.) Drambuie

Mix ingredients in an old fashion glass. Stir briefly. Add ice.

Yes. It really is that simple. And oh, try and use blended scotch, or vatted malt rather than single malt. Last tip, make sure you don't screw up the composition. The guy making my drink did a 1:1, and it was horrible.

P/S: I got my Accounting result back... A+!!! I'm thrilled, this definitely was a suprise =)

6 comments:

Tataro said...

hahaha rusty nail. i usuall make it with crushed ice at the bar. i reckon it brings it to a whole new level :X haaha.

anyway i like it with ballantines scotch! but then again, im not a big fan of scotch heh

gabe said...

crushed ice huh? never tried it with that...

I'm impressed that you know this drink though, so few people do these days, its just shocking...

ballantine's is pretty decent with it. chivas regal is also good. there's a few more I've been intending to try it with, but I forgot which, hahaha...

Tataro said...

lol...i work as a bartender some evenings...so i have to know :X

yup crushed ice. those ice kacang kind of ice :P every bar should have a small crusher haha. now i feel like a drink!

gabe said...

haha, what I meant is few bartenders actually DO know this drink here. appalling isn't it? such an old-fashioned drink and people don't even know it anymore...

uhm, but wouldn't crushed ice dilute the scotch really really quickly and "brutalize" it?

Tataro said...

haha. surprisingly not. okay maybe not ice like ice kacang...more like ice chips. frappe. hahaha.

sigh. ice... the heat is killing me here.

gabe said...

oh, frappe style huh... hmm, interesting... I could try that sometime and see how it goes...