Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Long Weekend

Went away to Oakura for the long weekend (it was Auckland Anniversary). It appears that I have been there before, the last time with Chris Holdaway and others, but this time I went up to Mark's bach with him, his parents, Mihailo, Nick and Anthony (one of Nick's and Mark's friends). Pretty fun time there. I spent most of the time sunbathing, and not swimming, since none of them fancied a dip in the sea, and I can't stay in there for a long period of time by myself without anything to do (I get really really cold that way).

We did go kayaking though, which was quite fun, although I went in a double kayak with Nick, and he kept rocking the boat, which kinda sucked for me since I was in the front.

I evidently discovered that Nick does drink quite a fair bit, which was pretty fun, since there was a somewhat decent amount of beer there, so I played a game of Over the Bridge with Nick, substituting mouthfuls of beer for shots (didn't have any alcohol for shots, and I would have died with shots). Let's just say I got to 19 mouthfuls and decided that if it went any further, I would clean out the whole fridge. Which we did anyway, since I've been going at the beers, and we didn't buy any more. So we ran out, inconveniently. Oh well.

Don't feel like working =( But I've got to...

No comments: