Sunday, March 16, 2008

Rotorua Field Trip

Got back yesterday from my field trip. It was... fun! What else would you expect from going on a 3 day field trip in the Engineering Faculty with 4 lecturers who are relatively young? Needless to say, heaps of drinking was involved, all of it free because Engineering pays for all 70 of us (Engineering Science and Biomedical Engineering).

Lots of tourists in Rotorua, I met several Canadians here on their OE and went clubbing with them. Even our lecturers went clubbing. Fun times, except for the next morning when we had to go to Contact Energy for a tour of the facilities. Let's just say with 3 hours of sleep and a mild headache, all you want to be doing is just sleep. Until of course we went to a hangi (a Maori traditional way of cooking involving an underground oven). Our hangi was slightly different since we were at a geothermally active spot, so they used steam. Still good though, since it woke me up with all that meat and food. Nothing better than having lots and lots of meat.

I wish I took photos, but I didn't have a camera on me. Oh well, maybe I'll find photos from the people who took 'em and upload them up.

Which reminds me, white water rafting is AWESOME! I've never had more fun in my life before. Seriously, and even if the boat flips, who cares! No one in my group fell out of the boat though, and it didn't flip... Damn... But I wanna do it again! I can't believe the other group would go for the luge instead of this.

Now I have assignments and lots of lectures to keep up with. Sigh, I hate life sometimes.

No comments: