Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tasteless

I swear somethings wrong with my taste buds. Last night, I went over to Sarah's for her and Hannah's farewelling party thing. And predictably, there were drinks. Well, I skipped the beer and opted for Smirnoff Ices and those blue vodka things. Then we progressed to screwdrivers. And yes, there was food. Barbeque I think. Can't really remember what exactly.

Oh! We played Buzz too. Goddamn I was so buzzer-happy then. And uhh, there was Singstar. And I pwnt them all, for well. Any song that didn't require me to castrate myself like The Darkness. Arnold probably showed up earlier, and obviously we were still drinking. I forgot my togs, so I didn't get in the pool. I know my writing's really disjointed, but my head's a little like that at the moment.

Then at some point, Arnold wanted me to do 3 Galliano shots in a row. Or maybe I did two the last time in a row, and he wanted me to do one more. Whatever. Don't really remember. The only thing I can say is, I swear I couldn't taste those shots. I thought it was water they were giving me. They adamantly protested otherwise. And well, considering I did feel the hit quite a while after, I suppose they were right. I dunno, it was supposed to taste like anise, or maybe liquorice. Or something. But that's where it doesn't make sense. I did not taste anything, except water. Maybe my taste buds are fucked up. Ah well. Cos I did taste the vodka, I'm sure... Hmm, wait, did I do vodka after those shots?

Ah whatever, going to get a bit more sleep. Only had 4 hours of sleep total. Kept waking up intermittently. And my head's kinda spinning. Ciao

3 comments:

admin said...

Hmmm, probably just a lil high up there then.

And tasteless, you're also probably just more used to it than they are! Gosh I don't remember what my friends gave me that time, but I downed it without much taste or "effect" and my friends were like "HOW THE HELL CAN YOU TAKE THAT AND NOT REACT?"

We're just on a higher plane, but don't get cocky just yet. ;)

^shinigami^ said...

aaahah you cant taste it? hmm galliano is vanilla liquor which i too had the other day...haha maybe he was doing galliano and you were given vodka that looks like water instead!!

gabe said...

I swear I couldnt taste it. I dunno about the effect, but well. I think it hit me about 1/2 hour after.

Not getting cocky though, but ya know... I mean vodka or whisky still gives me that hit. But its like what happens when you're like really drunk... you know, when you stop tasting the liquor.

But I was certain I wasn't gone. Weird.