Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Poetry.com?

Apparently, there is a website on poems that helps you rhyme words to create your poem... Personally I think that is really dumb... If you wanted to write a poem, you shouldn't need to find words that rhyme, just use your intuition... Plus, who ever said that every poem had to rhyme? Unless it was a sonnet of course... Heh, and somehow kiwis seem to think of poem-writing as emo... I find that personally amusing... in that case I must be emo... somewhat...

I wrote a poem as an accompaniment to my short story, you know, like how some books have little poems in between... I kinda filched the idea from Kubo Tite's (mangaka of Bleach) red and white poem... although his was more of the similar traits between red and white; ie, blood and bone, solitude and silence... etc etc etc... mine was more tailored to my story, to do with contrasting white and black, or light and dark... I planned to have a counterpart to the story, like a part 2, with a poem starting with black, but that was lame... so I scrapped it... I also rewrote my story, yay! Fixed coveration irregularities staring me in the eye, and added more mythologically vague references that seem to intrigue everyone, myself included... I guess no one actually noticed them, although they were there, like the seven towers, the gates of pearl, so on and so forth... Also made it less obscure, as it could have meant a whole host of things before... Someone remarked to me that it could have been about the reincarnation of someone... Wow, completely unexpected... >.<

Anyway, this is the poem I wrote... it's a little on the emo side because of black and white imagery... Should I have used pearl instead of ivory at the start? Hmm.... Here goes...

White like ivory
Black like jet
White like life
Black like death
White like solace
Black like succour
White like reverie
Black like slumber
White like the purity of the blameless
Black like the sins of the past
White like slow, unforgiving ash
Black like fast, unyielding mire
Even so that within the harsh light
Was ever the absolute darkness

Well, perhaps I should stop writing crap and start studying... Ciaoz~

No comments: