Saturday, September 06, 2008

I hate retards

Really, I do. Why does the Engineering Faculty see fit to let idiots in? WHY? 

I was marking the first year projects for programming, and its HORRIBLE. I can forgive bad commenting, but nonsensical code? Attempts at humour? NO! OH GOD, for the last time, references to the Matrix are not even funny any more.

And don't any of them ever learn that continuously plugging numbers back at the user would only frustrate them? No one really wants to know what they typed into the keyboard when it's still plain visible. And no one wants to see what variables the program is working with either, unless they asked for it! IDIOTS!

The worst one by far was this random chick's one who somehow managed to screw up her output file, and it kept spitting out 2MB files at me, which seemed to grow at a double rate every time I ran it. Seriously. It was at 16MB before I decided I couldn't make head or tail of what she did. At least it's over. I don't even want to think about it anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude! have you become a tutor?! Wow! :)

Btw, will reply your fb wall msg soon...got a tute test tomorrow ;)

gabe said...

haha, no I'm not exactly a tutor, I just signed myself to devote some hours to mark the first year projects...

I could have signed up to be a tutor, but I might have lost my patience with the first years. seriously. I was helping out once or twice a while back, and it was really frustrating